Cheque Writing Campaigns – Directed or Annual
Last year Nellie parents and local businesses generously lead and supported a directed cheque writing campaign which resulted in a significant amount of funds raised for a new learning commons and technology upgrade in our school.
In the future, PAC would like to offer parents and companies the opportunity to make an annual contribution to Nellie Mcclung School.
What is a Cheque Writing Campaign?
A request to parents to make a single financial donation in lieu of multiple fundraising efforts.
Why a Cheque Writing Campaign?
- Saves parents time and effort in their busy lives.
- Ensures the school receives the entire amount raised rather than the portion typical for door-to-door sales and fundraisers.
- Has an impact early in the school year to fund educational activities.
- Dollars may be eligible for an employer-matching program.
- Dollars are eligible for a 50% tax credit (for taxpayers who have contributed a minimum of $200 in a taxation year). After the tax credit, a contribution of $500 only costs you $250, $1,000 costs you $500 and $2,500 costs you $1,250.
Where will my Cheque Writing Campaign donation go?
Donations (100%) will support enriching programs for the children of Nellie Mcclung School. Nellie kids need the generous help of Nellie families to ensure these programs continue. Examples include:
- Learning Through the Arts – artists from the areas of dance, writing, music, visual arts, media arts or drama work in each homeroom to promote a love of learning through innovative discovery of new knowledge and insights.
- Field Studies – trips to places such as Glenmore and Fish creek Park, Safety City, Jubilee Auditorium, and the Glenbow Museum.
- Musical Instruments – last year our PAC funds purchased a class set of chimes.
- Physical Education Programs – last year funds supported the cross country skiing program with the Foothills Nordic Club.
- Landscaping around new playground and naturalization areas.
- Reading and Math programs that support ESL and enhanced literacy/numeracy in our school.
- Social Programs – friendship and social language programs that support our social community at school ex. Good Guys and Girl Power Program
- Nellie University – Offers kids an opportunity to explore specific areas and diverse topics such as cooking, language, art, music, chess, robotics and coding/programing.
- Library funding to keep our school library a top resource for our kids
- and many, many more…
How do I donate to the Cheque Writing Campaign?
Please complete the Nellie PAC Donation Form (PDF)
Donations of $100 or more by individual and corporate donors will be recognized through the Nellie Community Heroes webpage. Recognition tiers for directed CWC may vary.
Your donation will provide excellent educational opportunities for the children of Nellie. Thank you for your participation. We guarantee our kids are worth it!
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations are a voluntary contribution and any amount given is appreciated.
“If every Nellie family donated 12$ per child/year, our school would have over $5000 that would go directly to improving the education of our children.”